|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations||(Group)|
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) involve collecting/capturing, storing, processing, manipulating, analyzing, managing, retrieving and displaying geo-referenced data. Remote sensing is the acquisition of information about an object or phenomenon without making physical contact with the object. Wildlife management requires reliable and consistent information on the abundance, distribution of species and their habitats as well as threats. Therefore, the application of remote sensing (RS) and geographic information system (GIS) in the wildlife management and conservation aids in data collection and analysis of wildlife abundance, their distribution as well as providing data suitable for conservation planning and management.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets individuals working with wildlife especially the vets, tour guides, rangers, and all persons interested in learning about how to use GPS on wildlife.
This course reviews the application of remote sensing and GIS techniques in wildlife management and conservation under the following themes:
Module 1: Introduction and definitions of key concepts
Introduction to GPS
Module 2: GIS data management
Module 3: Mapping
Module 4: Analysis and Monitoring using GIS and remote sensing
Module 5: public participation and mobile data gathering
Case studies in conservancy and wildlife management
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|