The course extends the core theory introduced in the Principles of Finance by emphasizing its practical application to strategic financial decisions and potential problems.
- Understanding and analyzing income statements
- Understanding and analyzing balance sheets
- Understanding and analyzing cash flow
- Understanding financial modeling usage in financial reporting
- Use of Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Weighted Average Cost of Capital
- Use of Excel in financial modeling
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets financial analysts, Business entrepreneurs, accountants, bookkeepers, business managers, investment officers, and managing directors.
Introduction to evaluation
- Importance of evaluation
- Enterprise value and equity value
Comparable Company Analysis
- Selection of companies that are comparable
- Spreading of comparable companies
- Analyzing the valuation multiples
- Understanding value and making conclusions
Precedent Transaction Analysis
- selection of transactions that are comparable
- Spreading comparable transactions
Analysis of Discounted Cash Flows (DCF)
- Unlevered free cash flow
- Free cash flow forecasting
- Terminal value forecasting
- Presentation of value and discounting
- Stub periods
- Sensitivity analysis
Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Estimating equity cost using CAPM
- Estimating debt cost
- Analysis of WACC
Building and Integrated Cash Flow Model
- Introduction to financial modeling
- Financial statement links
- Understanding circularity
- Set up and formation of the model
- Selection of model drivers and assumptions
Modeling and Projecting the Financial Statements
- Income statement projection
- Balance sheet projection
- Cash flow statement projection
- Debt and interest schedule creation
- Revolver modeling
Utilizing and Concluding the Model
- Output analysis
- Stress testing of the model
- Fixing of modeling errors
- Techniques of advanced modeling
- Creating a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis using the model
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org