Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. They have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to them. The supervisors are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although supervisors usually have more technical experience than the employees they supervise, the supervisor may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This one-week course will equip participants the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict they require.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop more flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Institute effective and efficient communication skills
- Apply effective leadership skills
- Promote good relationships at workplace
- Prioritize, plan, and manage their time.
- Search for ways to overcome communication barriers.
- Determine ways they can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to engage in productive rather than toxic debate, and to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets professionals from all sectors, both private and public corporations and financial managers who want to learn about leadership skills. This course will benefit the participants in equipping them with leadership competencies
MODULE 1: Introduction to Leadership
- Sources of power for leaders
- Defining Power and Influence
MODULE 2: Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- What Makes a Good Leader?
- What Successful Leaders Do
MODULE 3: Management
- New Functions of Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- The Communication Cycle
- Types of Communication
- Communication as a Leadership Tool
- Managing Your Time and Your Energy
- The Commitment Curve
MODULE 4: Relationship Management
- Employee Development Models
- Team building Skills
- Assertiveness Skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Delegation skills
- Motivation Tools
- Stress management
MODULE 5: Conflict Management
- Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
- Grievance Handling and Disputes Settlement
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com