ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
Part of the ISO 14000 family of standards on environmental management, ISO 14001 is a voluntary standard that organizations can certify to. Integrating it with other management systems standards can further assist in accomplishing organizational goals.
ISO 14001 should be used by any organization that wishes to set up, improve, or maintains an environmental management system to conform to its established environmental policy and requirements. The requirements of the standard can be incorporated into any environmental management system, the extent to which is determined by several factors including the organization’s industry, environmental policy, products and service offerings, and location. This standard is relevant to all organizations, regardless of size, location, sector, or industry.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to;
- Identify the objectives and benefits of an EMS and the requirements of the standard
- Learn how to assess an organization’s current state with regards to an EMS
- Be familiar with performing a gap analysis to meet EMS standards
- Plan, developing and implementing an EMS appropriate to your organization
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts relevant to your organization with the emphasis on improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Health & Safety managers
- Anyone involved in implement an EMS, implementation and maintenance
- Introduction to Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Review of environmental legislation
- Codes of EMS practice
- The benefits of an EMS based on ISO 14001
- Identification of environmental aspects and impacts, risk evaluation
- Defining an environmental policy
- Establishing policy and setting objectives and targets
- The principles underpinning the ISO 14001 standard
- ISO 14001 standards for commitments to pollution prevention
- Planning the EMS implementation
- Timescales and resources
- Gaining management commitment
- Environmental performance measures
- Documentation, monitoring and auditing for improvement
- How to integrate ISO 14001 with other management systems
- How to develop policy, objectives & targets and an environmental management program
- The issues related to effective implementation of an environmental management system
- How to manage an audit program
- Continual improvement and legal and other compliance
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development
- General review of the course
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org