Good governance is increasingly recognized as an important aspect of an efficient private pension system, enhancing investment performance and benefit security. Yet, despite regulatory and industry initiatives, governance weaknesses persist across many countries.
There are unique financial and societal challenges facing those who manage, regulate or provide governance for pension schemes. Pensions scheme governance and management training is therefore vital to ensure pension funds are managed properly.
This Pension Scheme Governance & Regulation training will provide advanced knowledge and management tools needed for the effective oversight and administration of publicly funded or partially funded pension plans. This program will help to modernize these plans and their associated pension funds in an environment of changing economic and social circumstances and new regulatory and accounting initiatives.
After attending this program, participants will learn about:
- Understand the importance of pension governance, types, designs and fundamentals of pension schemes
- Appreciate the duties and management function of trustees
- Analyze Pension scheme management performance indicators
- Appreciate the importance of performance evaluation of trustees of pension schemes in enhancing governance
- Assess the risks pension funds are exposed to and the need of effective risk management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for Pension regulators, Policymakers, Trustees, Administrators, Fund managers, Advisors, Custodians, CEOs, Human resource managers, Directors and Pension principal officers.
- Introduction to Pension Funds and Global Pension Crisis
- Financial Mechanisms & Pension Plan Design; Different types of Pension Schemes
- Costs of Funding Pension Schemes; Pension Fund Deficit, Sovereign Debt & Default Risk
- Longevity, Dependency Rations, Real & Nominal Returns
- Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution Schemes
- Insurance Mechanisms and External Guarantees
- Pensions Fund and Its Parties: trustees, sponsors, actuaries, consultants & investment managers
- Asset Allocation, Capital Structure and Financial Risk
- Sources of Wealth in Pensions Funds; creating value in Pension Funds
- Different Types of Pension Schemes
- Pension Fund Asset-Liability Management, Tools & Modelling
- Pensions Funding Policies
- Portfolio Rebalancing, Asset Allocation and risk management
- Actuarial Considerations, Scheme Design & Annuity Market
- Reviewing benchmarks and Performance Assessment
- Pension Risk Management, Reporting and Governance
- Regulatory Practices and Decision Making in DB Plans
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com