Training on fundraising and grant management is an important course in the daily life as it helps people to management loans and grant provided by finance institution. The course provides the Federal, pass-through, and recipient workforces with the knowledge and skills they need to improve the program and public accountability, efficiency, and outcomes for beneficiaries. In addition individuals will obtain knowledge on how to raise funds meant for funding various activities such as education, hospital bill among other. Grants management and fundraising relates to the administrative tasks which mostly deals with handling of the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Program managers, Finance and non-finance managers, administrative staff of grant-receiving/ granting organizations, administrators, sub-recipients, or persons involved in grants related activities and responsibilities within an organization or civil society organizations. Anyone involved with the administration of grants or grant-funded programs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to;
- Identify and understand the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Ensure compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Understand the donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, correct procurement of goods and services and meeting financial reporting requirements
- Managing multiple-funded programs
- Understand proposal writing, project planning, and problem analysis
- Prepare a donor financial report to match with a project narrative report
- Describe the phases in the grant management cycle clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
- Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant
- Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence
- Appreciate the contribution of the different functions within the organization (program and project staff) and cultivate good work relationship between the teams, finance and program staff working closely for Successful grant management
- Develop Grants management planning implementation and reporting tools
- Develop Proposal writing skills, Project Planning and Project problem analysis
- Overview of Grants Management Cycle
- Basic concepts in grant management
- Key challenges in grant management
- The grant management lifecycle
- Grant management plan
Module 2: Proposal Writing
- Developing proposal
- Project proposal writing
- Project Planning
- Project problem analysis
- Grant Award Contract
- Award Review
- Fundraising Tips, Implementation, Compliance
- Responsibilities and routines in grant management
- The flow of donor funds
- Assessing the terms and conditions in grant agreements
- Grant agreements, and accounting and procurement systems
- Complying with donor reporting requirements
- Managing key relationships for successful grant management
- Types of costs
- Eligible and ineligible costs
- Cost Share/ Matching costs
- Procurement Procedures
- Grant Tracking Tools
- Costs eligibility and administration
- Programme evaluation
- Grant Reporting,
- Financial Documentation and Reporting
- Documentation, Internal Controls; Audit, Narrative Reporting, Partnerships & consortia management, Donor Compliance,
- Personnel &Staff Issues (Ethics): Contracts, Time Sheets, Travel & Per diem: Itinerary, assigning, Assets & Inventory Management, Co-Financing
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com