Facilities Management (FM) is the discipline of managing an organization’s buildings and equipment so that operations run smoothly. FM is a profession that includes multiple disciplines to ensure safety, functionality, comfort, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating place, process, people, and technology.
This facilities management training course is designed to provide knowledge regarding the essential area of facilities management. Participants will understand the scope of a facilities management role and its responsibilities.
Participants will also gain knowledge regarding environmental responsibility and sustainability and will learn how these can be applied to the business. Other topics will include the basics of health and amenities and the principles of continual improvement.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of facilities management
- Understand how to draw up a preventive maintenance concept, based on risk
- Develop strategies to decide when and what to outsource
- Understand the different types of contracts
- Identify and monitor the facilities management-processes performance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who are responsible for the management, operation and maintenance of facilities (buildings, production facilities, utilities, power and water distributions networks landscaping, etc.)
- Professionals aiming to update themselves on the basic elements, best practices and implementation aspects of facilities management
Day One: An Overview of Facilities Management
- The Facilities Management process in general
- Facilities Management as a business within a business
- Facilities phases, planning and realization
- Relationship between Facilities Management and Asset Management
Day Two: The Basic Elements of Facilities Management
- Facilities Roles, the current state of your Facilities Management processes
- Types of planning
- Strategic and annual planning, Life Cycle Cost principles
- Budgeting principles
- Work planning and control, performance management regarding the workflow
Day Three: Preventive Maintenance and Maintenance Strategy
- Disaster recovery plans
- Maintenance concepts
- The Process of Energy Management
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Management Techniques
- Understanding RISK
- Risk Based Maintenance, the methodology
- Steps in developing an effective & risk-based maintenance strategy
- Typical inspection and maintenance tasks for utilities
Day Four: Outsourcing and Contracting
- What to outsource and what not
- Choosing the right contractor
- How to manage this
- Contract types
- The contracting cycle
- Service Level Agreements
Day Five: Performance Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Continuous improvement
- Target setting as a starting point
- Monitoring performance: development and use of Key Performance Indicators
- The Facilities Management Balanced Scorecard (FMBSC)
- Assessments, audits and benchmarking; practical exercise in auditing
- Course review/Wrap up
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com