As the workforce becomes more and more diverse, it becomes increasingly important that workplace to nurture a culture that accepts everyone’s ethnic and cultural differences. It creates a healthier, more productive, and ultimately, more profitable organization. This training aims to educate employees on the importance of cultural sensitivity why it’s vital to have workers who are tolerant of each other’s unique differences. As the world becomes smaller, it is increasingly important to have an understanding of the differences between cultures when interacting and doing business with others. Culture has a direct impact on how your customers perceive you and their decision and actions.
This training course on ‘Cultural Sensitivity’ deals with different aspects of cultural sensitivity and provides employees with an understanding of why cultural sensitivity is an important factor to your organization.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Define cultural sensitivity;
- Understand the different components of cultural sensitivity;
- Outline types of discriminatory behaviour; and
- Create an improved customer service experience through a greater understanding of cultural differences.
- Have an in-depth cultural awareness and understanding of the impact of cultural differences
- Have the necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- Have a better understanding of the cultural challenges facing multicultural workplaces
- Have the opportunity to enhance cultural sensitivity and competence
- Gain practical tools to reduce cross-cultural misunderstanding and encourage positive cross-cultural working relationships
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suitable if:
- Your organisation is growing its business beyond national borders
- You and your staff are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- Your staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programmes
- Components of cultural sensitivity
- What is cultural awareness?
- Cultural values and attitudes (time, space, group dynamics, authority, tasks, relationships)
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Working together across cultures
- Developing cultural awareness
- Tips and strategies for specific countries
- Common difference between cultures
- The goal of customer service
- Body language
- Voice, pitch and tone
- Listening skills
- Communicating over the telephone
- Communication styles
- Language issues
- Cultural awareness checklist
- Cultural sensitivity examples, structured input and discussion of case studies
- Do’s and Don’ts
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org