Digitization is a major challenge for all organizations. As digital content continues to grow at a fast rate, policies, processes and systems are required to manage demand to help drive business operations and become more effective. This process is also known as digital transformation, and professionals and organizations are increasingly required to adopt global standards and international best practices to improve how digital content is captured, managed and controlled.
Digitization and File Management is the specification of establishing digital controls and accountability frameworks to encourage desirable behavior in the valuation, creation, storage, use, archiving and deletion of digital information. The processes involved include scanning, workflow, Optical Character Recognition (OCR); processes, roles, standards and metrics must be implemented that ensure the effective and efficient use of information in enabling an organization to achieve its goals.
This course provides participants with in-depth knowledge in Digitization as well as with practical skills to help manage, plan, analyze, deliver and support an ever-growing volume of data and information within their organizations. The course covers international best practices, industry regulations, legal requirements, information compliance, auditing and security standards; including National Archives Digitization and Guidelines, Scanning, Archiving and Digital Preservation and ISO 13008 Digital Records Conversion and Migration.
As part of the course, participants carry out group and individual exercises and learn from industry best practice case studies. The best practice can be applied to improve data management within their own organizations
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how data and information can be digitized and managed more efficiently and effectively within organizations
- Develop action plans for scanning, workflow and integration of digital information to support compliance, audits, legislation
- and regulations
- Establish and implement a Data Digitization project, including systems, roles and responsibilities
- Manage data against international best practices, including ISO 13008 Digital Records Conversion and Migration
- Develop digitization policies and working procedures
- Formulate and manage data in accordance to ISO 27001 Information Security standards
Who should attend
This course is suitable for IT professionals, document controllers, auditors, site administrators, general management and anyone tasked with managing and protecting data and information. This also includes professionals already familiar and involved with data management and seeking to build on their fundamental principles of managing data, information and records.
- Records Management
- Data Compliance
- Developing Policies and Procedures
- Database Systems
- 5 Days
- Course Outline
- Introduction to Digitization and Standards
- Introduction to digitization and file management
- Managing structured and unstructured data
- Scanning and capture
- Metadata, indexing and classification
- Enterprise search and archiving
- Compliance, Regulations and Digitization ISO 13008
- ISO 13008 digital records conversion and migration
- Archiving and preservation
- Data protection and data privacy
- Document and records management compliance
- ISO 27001 information security and cyber security
- Implementation and Project Management
- Developing target operating model
- Roles, responsibilities and reporting
- Programme planning
- Quality management planning
- Risk and issue management
- Data Digitization IT Solutions
- Scanning and Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Indexing and Metadata
- Workflow and business process automation
- Enterprise content management systems
- Document and records management
- Archiving and preservation
- Developing Policy, Procedures and Action Plans
- Digitization management polices
- Develop data lifecycle management procedures and guidelines
- Create programme and project implementation action plan
- Case studies
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com