SQL (Structured Query Language) is the most popular database language in the world. It is used widely by a variety of database systems to create queries and manipulate data. SQL is generic and compatible with the majority of database systems, which explains its widespread use and why SQL certified individuals are highly valued by businesses.
During this SQL training course, participants will be introduced to the fundamentals of SQL and will gain an insight into the essentials of relational databases. The participants will quickly acquire an understanding of vital querying language concepts and will emerge from this course as well-informed individuals who are able to implement their knowledge immediately within their own organizations.
Throughout this training course, participants will engage in tasks and exercises to ensure that they become familiar with the basic features of SQL in practical terms. On course completion, participants will be able to comfortably use SQL to select, organise, insert, delete, and review data within a database. They will also understand some advanced SQL statements and be familiar with the main functions of SQL such as conversions, SQL syntax, and dates.
Attendees will not be experts (if this is desired, see our Advanced SQL training course), but will be able to use SQL to conduct daily tasks and queries.
During this course you will:
- Learn how read SQL
- Learn how to write queries
- Learn how to work with tables and fields
- Learn how to join multiple tables together in a query
- Learn how to output data for analysis
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about SQL language and databases.
This Introduction to SQL training course explores the following modules:
SQL – An Overview
- Relational Databases
- Using SQL
- Using Object Explorer
- Hiding system objects
- Designing databases
- Primary keys
- Indexing fields
Working with tables
- Creating tables
- Allowing nulls
- Identity fields
- Database diagrams
- Designing database diagrams
- Joining tables
Data Manipulation Language
- SELECT, DISTINCT Operations
- Ordering Data
- Inserting, Updating & Deleting rows
- Writing queries
- Indentation and case
- Setting criteria using WHERE
- Setting criteria for dates
- Dealing with nulls
- Results, text and grid options
- Copying and pasting column headings
- Exporting using SQL & the menu
- Calculated columns
- String functions and concatenation
- Using GetDate
- Converting dates
- Useful date functions
- Inner joins
- Table aliases
- Left and right outer joins
- Cross joins
- Full outer joins
- Self joins
Aggregation and grouping
- SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX
- Grouping by fields
- Using HAVING to filter results
- The view designer
- Limitations of the designer
- Scripting views
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org