Development organizations manage their work through projects. The projects are normally in response to community problems. Development and change in these communities relies on the effective implementation of projects. This course aims to explain the professionals’ project management capacity with respect to development. The participants will be equipped with contextualized, balanced, comprehensive, and adaptable skills to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of projects in the development sector.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the life cycle of projects in the development sector
- Design a project meant to meet the need of the community
- Identify issues related to management of projects in development
- Utilize techniques, tools, and processes in the management of projects
- Coordinate and direct a project team in the implementation of a development project
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets development professionals who work in projects, individuals who are new to project management and development sector and those professionals who want to grow their careers in project management.
Introduction to Project Management in the Development Sector
Phases in the Life of a Development Project
- Identification and design of the project
- Setting up a project
- Planning of the project
- Implementation of the project
- Monitoring and evaluation of a project
- Transition of end of project
Project Management Disciplines
- Management of scope
- Time management
- Management of resource project
- Management of risk
- Management of project justification
- Management of stakeholder
Adapting Project Management Tools to Development Sector Projects
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com