Epidemiologists have relied on Stata for over 30 years because of its specialized epidemiologic commands, accuracy, and ease of use. Whether you are researching infectious diseases, investigating exposure to pathogens, or studying chronic diseases, Stata provides the data management and statistical tools to support your research. It also gives you the ability to make publication-quality graphics so you can clearly display your findings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is suitable for potential epidemiologists and biostatisticians and current researchers including clinicians, laboratory and social scientists. Participants should have knowledge of Basic Statistics and be familiar with the Statistical package Stata.
Principles of Epidemiology
- Terms and concepts of epidemiology
- Samples and population
- Disease measurement (Prevalence and incidence
- Study design
- Cohort studies
- Observational studies
- Case control studies
- Risk factors measurements
Basic analytical procedures
- Stata software
- Data type and analysis basic concepts
- Statistical models used in epidemiology
- ANOVA, ANCOVA,
- Simple and multiple linear regressions,
- Logistic regression
Sample size determination
- Calculation of sample size
- Sampling weight
- Statistical power
- Construction of valid groups of comparison
- 2 × 2 and 2 × 2 stratified table for longitudinal, cohort study, case–control, and matched case–control data
- Odds ratio, incidence ratio, risk ratio, risk difference, and attributable fraction
- Chi-squared, Fishers’s exact, and Mantel–Haenszel tests
- Duration outcomes analysis
- Probability of survival estimation
- Modeling survival as a function of covariates using Cox, Weibull, lognormal, and other regression models.
- Prediction of hazard ratios
- Analysis of standard cohort
- Weighting of sample
- Variance adjustments
- Parametric models: poisson regression, Flexible Parametric survival Models (FPM)
Case Control Studies
- Concepts of case control cohort
- Cases s election
- Control selection
- Case control odds ratio
- Case cohort studies
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com