Child centered disaster risk reduction (CCDRR) is a process to strengthen community’s resilience. Children become activists and mobilize community through influencing individuals, peer groups, and other stakeholders towards the achievement of resilience in communities in times of disaster. CCDDR complements to national action plans for children through empowering children and community as whole towards disaster risk reduction. The training is aimed at ensuring children are put at the center of the CBDRM process which thus ensures their active participation in disaster risk reduction by allowing them to start the risk identification process while simultaneously validating their findings with adults.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify Child Centered Community Development (CCCD)
- Differentiate the relationship between Development and Disasters
- Understand CBDRR and its alignment with CCCD
- Understand the work process of CCDRR
- Define and describe Community organization
- Participate in Institutional strengthening and alliance building on DRR
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The training is meant for adults, community-based organizations, government agencies, Non-governmental organizations who have rolled out projects whose main aim is to reduce disasters through increasing coping capacity and resilience of community members.
Module 1: Introduction of Child Centered Community Development (CCCD)
- CCCD framework
- Work process of CCCD
Module 2: Development and Disaster
- Development at Risk
- Disasters relationship to development
- Vicious spiral of Disaster Risk and development failure
- Mainstream model of disaster risk reduction and development
- Disaster management terminologies
- Impact of disasters on children
- Children’s contribution throughout disaster life cycle
Module 3: Understanding CBDRR and its alignment with CCCD
- Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR)
- CBDRR approach
- Process of CBDRR
- Development of CCDRR model
- Difference between CBDRR and CCDRR
Module 4: Work process of CCDRR
- Capacity building training for child activists and potential adult
- Community risk assessment
- Step 1: Get to know the surroundings of your house, neighborhood, and community
- Step 2: Social Mapping-
- Step 3: Hazard Calendar
- Step 4: Vulnerability identification
- Step 5: Capacities and resources identification
- Step 6: Risk Assessment
- Step 7: Issues prioritization and cluster
- Step 1: Root cause analysis and Risk Reduction Options
- Step 2: Stakeholder mapping
- Step 3: Validation with community members and stakeholders
- Resource Mobilization
- Participatory Monitoring
Module 5: Community Organization
- Phases of community organization
Module 6: Institutional strengthening and alliance building on DRR
- Mainstream service institutions
- Community - Institutional Relationship
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org