|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations|
|Start Date: 02/12/2019 End Date: 06/12/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 13/01/2020 End Date: 17/01/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 03/02/2020 End Date: 07/02/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
An ideal starting point for aspiring journalists: this course will give you an essential understanding of the basic principles of journalism in preparation for further training.
The course will unravel the journalism industry and help you focus your career goals – not to mention helping demonstrate your commitment to potential employers. Over the course of four practical lessons, you’ll learn about publishing history, media technology, editing, law, features, page layout and more.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
· Explain the different types of journalism
· Define the main criteria for a news story
· Develop a system for fact checking and research
· Explain how to perform an interview
· Explain different types of feature stories
· Identify proactive journalism
· Explain different workflow’s roles and responsibility of journalism
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is suitable for aspiring journalists and anyone looking to find out the basic principles of journalism. It is also useful for those who have PR responsibilities in their work.
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.