|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations||(Group)|
|Start Date: 07/12/2020 End Date: 11/12/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 03/05/2021 End Date: 07/05/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/06/2021 End Date: 11/06/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 11/01/2021 End Date: 15/01/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/02/2021 End Date: 05/02/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 05/04/2021 End Date: 09/04/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/03/2021 End Date: 05/03/2021||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
Agriculture and agribusinesses have continued to attract attention given the sector’s developmental potentials particularly for African economies. With the growing potential of the sector, attention is being placed in addressing financing challenges of the sector with emphasis on value chain financing. According to a publication of the FAO, “Agri-food production, processing and distribution worldwide are increasingly being organized into tightly aligned value chains, where the flows of inputs, products, information and financial resources are closely coordinated among farmers, processors, retailers and other economic actors”.
Interestingly, lending to agriculture businesses is profitable but unlike other businesses, agriculture is unique in its characteristics, practice and financing. As such, lack of full understanding of these peculiarities informed the extreme caution exercised by most financial institutions leading to apathy against lending to the sector. Therefore, to be successful in agriculture financing, requires that those involved in agriculture lending must go beyond basic credit appraisal knowledge to understanding the value chain and acquiring other critical competence for understanding of the sector and clientele they are dealing with.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
· Officers in Agribusiness Department,
· Agribusiness consultants
· Analyst and Credit Officers.
· Officials in Agriculture and Agri-business
· Lending Credit Officers
· Analysts in Agricultural Desks of Banks
· Other officials involved Agriculture financing
The objective of the course is to train officials from Banks and other financial institutions on appraisal and financing of agricultural businesses along the agriculture value chain. Sharpen their skills on agriculture risk appraisal and how to structure financing on a case by case basis, and along the value chain. The course is also aimed at scaling up lending by financial institutions to the sector.
· The Potentials and Financing Opportunities in the Agricultural Sector
· Characteristics of Agricultural Lending
· Agricultural lending Appraisal
· Understanding Agricultural Value Chain
· Tools for conducting Value Chain Analysis
· Agriculture Value Chain Finance Instruments
· Accessing Risk in Agriculture Value Chain & Mitigation
· De-risking agriculture lending
· Understanding and Working with Cooperatives
· Writing and Presenting Agricultural Project Appraisal Report
· Monitoring of Agribusiness Projects and Credits
· Strategies in Overcoming Challenges in Agribusiness Financing
· Developing Efficient Agriculture Desk in Financial Institutions
· Case Studies
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|