The General Data Protection Regulation came into force in European law On May 25th 2018. Consequently, most organisations within the public and private spheres are now legally required to appoint a Data Protection Officer, who is liable for activities such as tracking compliance, performing internal audits, and directing Data Protection tasks.
This training course will provide trainees with a thorough understanding of the role played by a Data Protection Officers.
To begin, this course will ensure trainees attain an embedded knowledge of the principles of Data Protection. The term Data Protection will be defined, and Data Protection legislation will be acknowledged. Following this, a detailed exploration of the role of the Data Protection Officer will occur. During this section, the duty of processing personal data will be covered, and the rights of data subjects will be investigated. The challenges DPOs may encounter will also be an area of interest.
Furthermore, the Data Protection Officers role regarding data breaches, incident response, and incident recovery is analysed. Likewise, the Data Protection Officer’s position in terms of Personal Data Audits and Data Protection Impact Assessments (or DPIAs) is thoroughly examined.
As data protection is becoming more and more valuable, the need for organizations to protect these data is also constantly increasing. Besides violating the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, not complying with the data protection regulations can lead to risky situations that could harm an organization’s credibility, reputation, and financial status. This is where your skills as a data protection officers come to place.
The course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to serve as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) so as to help organizations ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the role of the DPO and become competent to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This certification is designed for anyone involved in a role whereby the processing of personal information is performed, or anyone looking to understand the role of a Data Protection Officer. Therefore, those within the following positions may benefit from this CDPO training course:
- Data Protection Officers (Current and Aspiring)
- Data Protection Professionals and Personnel
- Information Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Human Resources Managers
- Introducing Data Protection
- Why is Data Protection required?
- Key Data Protection Approaches
- Data Protection Regulations
The Role of a Data Protection Officer
- Working with Personal Data
- Processing Personal Data
- The Rights of the Subject
- Encountering Challenges
The Security Context
- Data Breaches
- Incident Response Plans
- The Supervisory Authority
- Recovering from Incidents
- Recording Incidents
Performing a Personal Data Audit
- What is a Personal Data Audit?
- The DPO’s Role
- Collecting PII
- Securing Personal Data
Conducting a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- What is a DPIA?
- When are DPIAs required?
- DPIAs and the DPO
- DPIAs through the Life Cycle
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org