|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations|
|Start Date: 16/12/2019 End Date: 20/12/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 13/01/2020 End Date: 17/01/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 03/02/2020 End Date: 07/02/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
Farmer field school (FFS) is a group-based learning process that brings together concepts and methods from agro-ecology, experiential education and community development. It also involves regular field observations and group analysis. It is a major undertaking towards the realization of sustainable agriculture as it helps farmers make their own locally specific decisions about crop management practices. Special group activities encourage learning from peers, and strengthen communicative skills and team building. This training course is therefore intended to help participants to design and implement Farmer Field Schools as an extension practice to promote organic farming and agricultural productivity.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture.
Module 1: Approach and Principles
Module 2: Key concepts and techniques in FFS
Module 3: Cross-cutting topics in FFS
Module 4: Introduction to organic farming
Module 5: Organic farming
Module 6: Climate change and agriculture
Module 7: Development technologies in agriculture
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: