|Course fee: USD 2,000||Start Date: 02/12/2019||End Date: 13/12/2019|
Forestry involves the management of a broad range of natural resources within a forested area. We all agree Forestry is complex, dynamic, and multidimensional. GIS technology profoundly and positively impacts the way land managers, timber managers, and forestry specialists manage timber resources. Having accurate geographical information about land is critical to making informed decisions about how to manage it. Digital maps can be linked to relational databases that store baseline data, topography information, site documentation, and aerial digital photography. Designing and implementing a comprehensive GIS plan is the foundation for sound forest management and wildlife management decisions. Additionally, a GIS plan is an integral part of developing a forest management plan.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
People who require additional skills like Forest Planners, foresters, forest conservation technicians.
Introduction and definitions of key concepts
Gathering data using mobile phones using (ODK)
Digital Image Processing Techniques in Forest Resource Management
Mapping Forest inventory
Forest Planning and management
Climate Change Impact on Forests
Case studies on use of GIS and remote sensing in forest management
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|Start Date: 02/12/2019||End Date: 13/12/2019|
|Course fee in USA Dollars: USD 2,000|