|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations (Individual)||(Group)|
|Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 06/07/2020 End Date: 10/07/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 03/08/2020 End Date: 07/08/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/09/2020 End Date: 11/09/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 05/10/2020 End Date: 09/10/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 02/11/2020 End Date: 06/11/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/12/2020 End Date: 11/12/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
Increasing food demands due to high rates of population growth and major changes in political and economic and social systems have created an urgent need to develop new and revise many existing agricultural systems and practices. With climate change being a common global phenomenon, humanity continues to grapple with its effects among them being food insecurity, drought, and famine. Agriculture is essentially a spatial phenomenon which is not independent of location.
The three determinants of food security are availability, access, stability, and utilization. Food availability is associated with geographical and agricultural determinants of each area, such as domestic production, import capacity, food stocks, water availability, agriculture land, population density and distribution
GIS is an exploration tool into the use of spatial reasoning methods, to identify regions at risk, due to inadequate food and water resources, which are a result of inherent environmental scarcity. GIS provides a set of tools for evaluating and understanding food security. Several strategies have been developed using GIS and remote sensing techniques, which contribute knowledge and understanding to food security.
This training will seek to understand GIS techniques, which examine local food environments, assess changes in land use and land cover, and identify areas of importance in specific regions to determine the relationships between biophysical and socioeconomic attributes.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets government representatives, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, who work as Agricultural specialists, project managers, researchers and technical specialists.
Module 1: Basics of GIS
· Concepts and terminologies of GIS
· Spatial information introduction
· Agriculture and food security concepts introduction
· Introducing GIS in agriculture and food security
· GIS system installation planning
· GIS software
Module 2: Basics of Agriculture and Food Security
· Food Security
· Food System
· Food Chain
Module 3: Agriculture Spatial Data Collection
· Data sources for disease information mapping
· Mobile data collection using ODK.
· Data collection using handheld GPS devices
· Integrating GPS and ODK data into a GIS environment
Module 4: Spatial Analysis of Agriculture Related Data
· Creating yield maps
· Analysis of precision agriculture data
Module 5: Creation of Food Security Risk Maps
GIS application in Agriculture
· GIS in yield monitoring and mapping
· Using GIS to report food security information
· Food security early warning systems and drought monitoring
· Characterizing soil spatial variability
· Site?specific soil management: prescription maps
· Use of GIS and remote sensing in food security analysis
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|