|Course fee: KSH 70,000, USD 1,000||Start Date: 02/09/2019||End Date: 06/09/2019|
This course is technically designed to suit professionals in the job market through imparting practical skills on how to use GIS to overcome the major challenges faced during phases of a disease outbreak, surveillance, and monitoring.
Participants will acquire hands-on skills in the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize disease cases data that is geographically linked.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Understand GIS key components
· Understand the role of GIS in solving epidemiological and animal health related issues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is targeted at professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) in their organization in the field of risk management.
Module 1: Basic GIS concepts
· Basic concepts and terminologies of GIS
· Introduction to spatial information
· Introducing Epidemiology concepts
· Introducing GIS in disease surveillance
· GIS system installation planning
· Working with a GIS software
Module 2: GIS data sources, data collection and integration techniques for Risk mapping
· Data sources for disease information mapping
· Mobile data collection using ODK.
· Data collection using handheld GPS devices
· Integrating GPS and ODK data into a GIS environment
Module 3: Disease Vulnerability and Risk Assessment using GIS
· Types and methods of risk assessment, risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis.
· Assessment of elements at risk using GIS.
· Application of GIS in Multi-criteria analysis in vulnerability assessment.
· GIS in mapping disease causing vector location and distribution
Module 4: Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
· Visualization of risk information
· Risk mapping
· Disease monitoring
Spatial Mapping and Visualization in disease surveillance
· GIS mapping of priority public health problems
· GIS mapping of most at risk populations
· Creating a risk map
Module 5: GIS for monitoring in Epidemiology and public health
· GIS in Disease transmission and progression mapping
· GIS as a Decision Support System for Public Health Management (What, where, when, how and why analysis)
· Use of GIS in disease surveillance
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|Start Date: 02/09/2019||End Date: 06/09/2019|
|Course fee in Kenya Shillings: KSH 70,000||Course fee in USA Dollars: USD 1,000|