|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations||(Group)|
|Start Date: 24/10/2022 End Date: 28/10/2022||Mombasa||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 21/11/2022 End Date: 25/11/2022||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 19/12/2022 End Date: 23/12/2022||Mombasa||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
This Program is a comprehensive introduction to how banks work. It provides a thorough understanding of all types of banking from retail to investment banking, and covers global and central banking. It gives understanding of the wide variety of activities undertaken and services provided by banks, how they operate and are regulated, and explains why banks are so important and how their activities impact on modern life, people, business, government and the economy.
The end of the course the participant should be able to:
· Have in-depth understanding of various knowledge areas required of banking professionals.
· Gain knowledge of diverse banking products, operational aspects, and various technology and regulatory requirements.
· Receive essential management and operational skills required to work effectively
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at:
· An explanation what banking actually is; a brief history of banking; the relationship of banks with households, businesses and government; banking and the economy.
· An overview of the different aspects and types of banking.
· Retail banking: deposits, lending to people and businesses, risk assessment checklist for lending and loans.
· Retail banks: payments and transferring money, clearing systems, other retail bank services.
· Corporate banking: lending, credit and credit analysis, project finance, bankers acceptances.
· Corporate banking, interest rates and LIBOR; international trade, bills of exchange; other corporate banking activities and services.
· How a bank operates: capital, liquidity and liquidity ratios, reserves, clearing systems, stockbroking.
· Asset management and liability management, loan policy, the return on capital ratio, bank income.
· Bank financial statements: balance sheets, income statements, bank performance ratios.
· Investment banking: services provided to companies and governments; global investment banks, involvement in mergers, acquisitions and restructuring.
· Investment banking and market trading, brokers, equities, derivatives, investment advice, funds, investment vehicles
· Mutuals and finance houses; credit unions, deposit-taking institutions, factoring, leasing, insurance.
· International banking; banking in the UK, Europe, the Americas, Asia, Australasia, Middle East, Africa.
· Debt markets: treasury bills, government and corporate bonds, currency; prices, returns and yields.
· Futures markets, Swaps markets, Options markets, Foreign Exchange markets and trading; derivatives, speculators.
· Central banking, functions of central banks, BASEL, insurance, compliance, disclosure.
· Monetary policy, supply, demand, discount rates, the economy, quantitative easing, money laundering.
· The regulation of banks; bank supervision and inspection; what is regulated and why, regulation systems.
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|