|#||Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations|
|3||Start Date: 04/11/2019 End Date: 08/11/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|4||Start Date: 16/12/2019 End Date: 20/12/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|5||Start Date: 13/01/2020 End Date: 17/01/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|6||Start Date: 03/02/2020 End Date: 07/02/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|7||Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|8||Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|9||Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|10||Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
This training aims at highlighting why interviews have a high impact on hiring decisions and steps that can be put in place to increase their reliability while ensuring legally defensible levels of fairness and consistency. It is designed to curb all the common mistakes untrained interviewers commit when meeting with job candidates especially improper questioning and poor pre-interview preparation.
By the end of this training the participants should be able to understand:
· To define the importance of interviewing as a method of selection, brainstorm common mistakes untrained interviewers commit and define ways to overcome them.
· Ability to list main types of selection interviews and when and how to use each.
· How to design a competency based interview guide using competencies and values and use it to collect the data from the interviewees.
· To conduct a probing interview designed to uncover behavioral characteristics of applicants.
· Ability to use the data collected to complete a gap analysis and decide on the most suitable candidate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is targeted at anyone involved in assessing candidates prior to hiring. It is of particular benefit to line managers involved in interviewing candidates for vacancies in their respective functions. The course is ideal for professionals in human resources especially those working within the functions of recruitment, selection and workforce planning. The target competencies include:
· Questioning and probing
· Report writing
· Decision making
Module 1: Interview as a method of selection
· Prevalence of the interview as a selection method
· Reliability and validity of interviews
· Reliability of CVs, resumé s and biodatas
· Why interviews remain the most reliable
· Problems with typical interviews: before, during and after
· Overcoming problems with interviews
Module 2: Types of selection interviews
· Screening and biographical interviews
· Biographical interviews
· Stress interviews and why they are unethical
· Panel interviews
· Rules for conducting a panel interview
Module 3: Competency-Based Interviews (CBI)
· Pre-interview steps
· Preparing a CBI guide
· Using competencies and values for building the guide
· Standardizing questions
· Organizing venue and material
· The need for consistency and ethical implications
Module 4: Structure of a CBI
· Introduction techniques
· Opening statements
· Conducting the interview/questions
· Open and closed questions
· Hypothetical questions: when and how
· Leading questions and how they should be used
· STAR funneling technique
· FACT funneling technique
· Disallowed questions
· Closing the interview Module
Module 5: Post interview steps
· Classifying and evaluating captured data
· Linking data with competency guide
· The legal and ethical aspects of translating data to reports
· Producing interview reports
· Selection decision
· Using decision matrixes (in the absence of a competency framework)
· Using gap analyses
· Compensatory and non-compensatory method
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: