TRAINING COURSE ON CONFLICT RESOLUTION, NEGOTIATION AND MEDIATION
Conflict is an inevitable part of our lives but how we view it and how we deal with it can turn it from being an unpleasant experience into one where we learn and grow. The underlying factors that cause conflicts are usually in place long before the outbreak of violence. It is the escalation in particular that in most cases turns a peaceful situation, into a destructive and deadly conflict.
In order to have effective conflict prevention, early warning indicators must be detected and addressed before violence becomes too destructive. This course will help you to understand how conflict can be positive and will introduce you to tools and techniques that will assist you to effectively deal with conflict situations
By the end of the course the participant should be able to;
- Identify causes of conflict
- Describe how diversity and differences can be harnessed
- Demonstrate strategies that avoid escalation of conflict
- Demonstrate techniques to show empathy and rapport
- Problem solve quickly and effectively
- Handle customer complaints appropriately
- Negotiate a successful outcome
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Conflict, being an inevitable part of our lives, means that almost on a day to day everyone deals with one form of conflict or the other. As such, the training is meant for anyone dealing with conflict resolution, conflict managers, project managers, and people dealing with peace maintenance, community members and negotiators.
Module 1: Core terminologies of Conflict and its basics
- Nature of conflict
- Functions of conflict
- Conflict resolution: Terms and Definitions
- What courses disputes and conflict
- The Circle of conflict
- The relationship between conflict and human rights
- The relationship between human rights and human needs
Module 2: Intervening Conflicts
- Spectrum of response to conflict
- Roles played in conflict situations
- Cultural aspects influencing conflict resolutions
- Conflict analysis
- Tools for conflict analysis
Module 3: Negotiation
- What is Negotiation?
- Negotiation skills
- Strategies and outcomes of a dispute
- Position and interests
- Positional negotiation
Module 4: Communication
- Description of communication
- Active listening
- Effective questioning
- Honest communication
- Framing and reframing: Moving beyond rhetoric and threats
Module 5: Mediation
- Mediation as a means of conflict resolution
- Roles played in conflict situation
- Stages of the mediation process
- Stage 1: introduction
- Stage 2: conflict description
- Stage 3: problem-solving
- Stage 4: agreement
- Convening Multi-party stakeholders Negotiation
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com