|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations|
|Start Date: 16/12/2019 End Date: 20/12/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 13/01/2020 End Date: 17/01/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 03/02/2020 End Date: 07/02/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
|Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register to attend|
In our diverse workplace being able to work effectively across cultural divides is an essential skill for any Leader, professional, Manager or Worker. Cultural Intelligence (CI) is the capability to relate and work effectively across cultures. Culture has been one of the key competencies in fields ranging from leadership and psychology, engineering, and finance, to accounting and marketing. The higher your CI, the more likely you will experience success working in a diverse, globalized world.
They are many different types of culture. These include occupational, organizational, age and even gender. However, one of the most prominent types is national culture. That is the norms, behaviours, beliefs, attitudes, customs and values that exist within the population of a country.
Cultural differences in communication can also cause significant problems. Million-dollar business deals can be lost, international negotiations can fail and workplace problems can intensify. This exciting but practical training course is run as a master-class in all aspects of culture and how you can thrive in a multi-cultural world.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
Day One: The Psychology and Meaning of Culture
Day Two: Communicating Across Cultures
Day Three: Cross-Cultural Negotiation
Day Four: Managing Expatriates and Diversity
Day Five: Developing and Maintaining your CI
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: