This course discusses the importance of document and processes of record management. It will equip participants with the knowledge and skills of effective management of information using ICT tools, applications and techniques.
- Learn about components, legal obligations and international standards for electronic documents and records management systems (EDRMS)
- Understand electronic information management
- Know how to deliver information at the point of need
- Understand records retention schedule structure and implementation
- Develop an EDRM strategy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets compliance managers, Information security amanagers, Records managers, Information managers, operations managers, administrators, librarians, and secretaries.
- Introduction to electronic document
- Information sources and uses
- Legal environment of electronic document
- Policies and standards
- Records versus document
- Lifecycle of documents
- Non-compliance costs
- Document flow in business processes
- Capture of document; shared folders
- Capture models
- Classification and retrieval of electronic document
- Extraction and use of document content
- Document imaging versus document management
- Interfacing and interoperability
- Access and control of electronic document
- Audit trails
- Creation and utilization of new information
- Creation of documents
- Word templates versus eForms
- Design and deployment of electronic forms
- Distribution of document
- Modeling of workflow and business process
- Technology options
- Development of an information strategy
- Selection of EDRMS
- EDRMS implementation
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com