|Course fee: KSH 70,000, USD 1,000||Start Date: 07/10/2019||End Date: 11/10/2019|
Floods are a global challenges facing many countries and result in the loss of lives and damage to properties hindering development. Global warming and urbanization are increasing the prevalence of floods. Thus, many nations are focusing on strategies to combat floods. This necessitates different strategies for reduction of disaster risks to ensure sustainable development.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Explain flood risks in relation to the current changing climate
· Identify the degree of flood risks and vulnerability and establish strategies to eradicate the vulnerabilities
· Develop approaches for management of flood risks in the current changing climate
· Apply mitigation measures for flood risk
· Develop flood recovery programs
· Identify the solutions to flood risk challenges
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is beneficial too professional working in the management of flood disasters including decision makers, developing and planning officials, professionals in the housing, public works, and water resources sectors, governmental officials, and NGOs committed to disaster management. The course accommodates participants from all nations.
· Define the terms in disaster risk management
· Formation and predictability of hydro-meteorological risks
· Occurrence of natural disasters
· Flood disaster
Flood Risk and Climate Change
· Global warming and climate change
· Strategies for climate change
· Adapting to climate change
Assessment of Flood Risk
· Flood assessment principles
· Flood vulnerability processes
· Process of flood risk evaluation
· Process of community-based flood risk evaluation
Mitigation of Flood Risk
· Management plan for mitigation of flood
· Flood management plan tools
· Smart strategies for Climate change
· Flood-proofing in a multifaceted surrounding
· Water shed management
· Rural and urban planning to reduce flood risks
· Public awareness on flood risks
Preparation and Response to Flood Disaster
· Framework for flood disaster preparation
· Process of flood contingency planning
· Predicting early flood warning signs
· Management of emergency floods
· Process of flood evacuation
· Search and rescue during flood disaster
Planning and Implementation for Flood Recovery
· Planning and implementation
· Damages and need assessment
· Programs of sustainable recovery
· Flood risk management economics
· Flood risk reduction financial tools
· Trans-boundary, governance and gender issues
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|Start Date: 07/10/2019||End Date: 11/10/2019|
|Course fee in Kenya Shillings: KSH 70,000||Course fee in USA Dollars: USD 1,000|