Forensic, fraud and financial litigation support continue to remain among the hottest practice areas, with expected growth over the next several years. Accounting scandals such as Enron and WorldCom have created an increasing demand for professionals to become skilled and trained in forensic accounting and for business to protect themselves from the proliferation of fraud and white collar crime. In today’s world saving your organizations hard earned revenue and maximizing your profits by protecting against fraud losses is a must! This highly beneficial forensic training workshop provides individuals and organizations with the knowledge and skills in forensic accounting & fraud auditing and with the ability to detect and prevent fraud. It provides participants with the true forensic methods and applications on how to actually conduct examinations and investigations in this field.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Clearly Define the meaning of fraud and forensic accounting
- Deploy effective fraud control methods and reduce the risks of fraud occurrence in the organization
- Utilize Various tools to expose fraudulent transactions
- Use statistical and forensic accounting tools to analyze data, test the data and find inconsistencies
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to identify suspicious information
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This extensive short-term training course is a perfect suite for:
- Public accountants & internal auditors
- Fraud examiners & Forensic accountants
- Risk Management Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Specialists
- Financial Security Officers
- Governmental accountants & attorneys
- Internal & External Audit Professionals
- Other accounting/auditing professionals and educators.
Introduction to Forensic Accounting & Fraud
- Introduction to fraud & Fraud triangle
- Background of Fraud Auditing & Forensic Accounting
- Fraud examination & Fraudster’s Profile
- Types of Fraud & The Fraud Cycle
Fraud schemes and controls
- Financial statements & Corruption schemes
- Assessing the Risk of Fraud & Its Factors
- Keys to Effective Fraud Investigation
- Fraud detection & response
- Revenue Recognition Detection Techniques
Forensic Analysis & Data Tests
- Importing, Analyzing, & Protecting data into Excel
- Reporting data in Word & PowerPoint
- Data profile, Periodic graph & Histogram
- Utilizing Excel to prepare data profile
- Utilizing Benford’s Law
- Data sets that could be used
- Effect of data size
- Basic digit test, First & last two digits tests, One digit a time
- Chi-Square, Mean absolute deviation & Logarithmic basis
- Second order test & Summation test
- Number duplication test in Excel
Using Excel for Detecting Fraud & Data Inconsistencies
- Largest growth test & Largest subsets test
- Relative size factor test, SSS test & SS Different test
- Subset number duplication
- Calculating correlations & Time-Series analysis
- Creating Preventive Environment
- Enforcement of Ethics and Fraud Policies
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org