|Course fee: USD 1,000||Start Date: 12/08/2019||End Date: 16/08/2019||Registration is closed, view 2019 course calender|
The Beijing conference identified violence against women and girls as a challenge that cuts across affecting the victims in relation to diversity in culture, economy, politics, education, health, and psychology. This is an opportunity for various governments, activist corporations and non-governmental organization to evaluate the issue of gender violence and come up with strategies to eradicate the issue permanently. This course aims at providing an in depth understanding to all participants undertaking on gender based violence and in implementing strategies that eradicate the vice and promote gender equity.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Enhance the understanding of participants on issues of gender, rights, equality , and gender-based violence
· Differentiate the types of gender based violence
· Analyze the approaches to gender, rights, gender-based violence, and equality
· Determine the effects of gender-based violence on health, development and education
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets researchers, activists, policy makers, advocates, feminists, NGOs and CBOs staff, UN staff, donor corporation field workers, volunteers, students, trainers, and government officials whose focal point of interest is on gender and developing methods that will facilitate n the permanent eradication of gender based violence.
Introduction to gender
· Meaning of gender
· Importance of gender
· Concept of gender, violence and development
· Terms and concepts of gender based violence
· Introduction Violence
· Types of gender based violence
· The link between gender, violence and development
· Human rights perspective of gender based violence
Framework and Analysis of Gender
· Analysis of gender
· Benefits of analyzing gender
· Frameworks and Tools of gender analysis
· Selection of a gender analysis framework
· Conducting gender analysis
· Meaning of gender mainstreaming
· History of gender mainstreaming
· Concept of gender mainstreaming
· Gender mainstreaming in specific sectors
· Gender mainstreaming in sustainable developembt goals
· Best practices of gender mainstreaming
Action against Gender Based Violence
· Methods of combating gender based violence
· Addressing practices of GBV
· Advocacy, communication and communication skills
· National and organizational strategies in combating GBV
· Role of inter-governmental organizations and the UN in combating GBV
· Case study of the nation in combating GBV
International Legal Human Rights Instruments Related to GBV
· The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
· Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
· The Bill of Rights
· The European Convention on Human Rights
· The Beijing Declaration and Program of Action
· The African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights
· The Convention on the Rights of the Child
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|Start Date: 12/08/2019||End Date: 16/08/2019|
|Course fee in USA Dollars: USD 1,000|
|Registration closed, view 2019 course calender|