|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations||(Group)|
|Start Date: 24/10/2022 End Date: 28/10/2022||Mombasa||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 21/11/2022 End Date: 25/11/2022||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 19/12/2022 End Date: 23/12/2022||Mombasa||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
Disaster risk information is spatial in nature and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) play an important role in disaster risk management. Rapid population growth and urbanization combined with extreme climatic events are causing a rapid increase in vulnerability of communities exposed to hazardous events. Natural disasters inflict severe damage on almost the entire spectrum of social and natural habitats, ranging from housing and shelter, water, food, health, sanitation, and waste management to information and communication networks, supply of power and energy, and transportation infrastructure.
There is a great need to utilize disaster risk information in planning for effective coping mechanisms of disaster risk reduction. For this, there is a significant need to create awareness among the disaster management professionals regarding the importance of GIS and Remote Sensing.
This course is job oriented and aims to impact practical skills on how to use GIS and RS, to overcome the major challenges faced in ,pre-disasters during disaster and post-disaster management such as during early warning, hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment, damage assessment, as well as in the design of risk reduction measures.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Understand the terminologies and meanings in relation to geospatial information technology
· Describing the pros and cons of applying geospatial information to reduce risk during disasters
· Application of GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS) to generate geographical information
· Identify, search, access, collect, and assess geospatial information with respect to reducing disaster risks
· Create maps via the use of GIS software
· Implement GIS in assessment of disaster risk and planning of reduction of disaster risk
· Describe and utilize spatial data, GIS and remote sensing in disaster risk assessment and management
· Utilize existing sources of historical disaster information and elements at risk data
· Apply GIS/remote sensing in hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment
· Employ risk information in emergency preparedness planning
· Visualize hazard and risk information
· Apply GIS/remote sensing to post-disaster damage assessment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets individual professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and RS in their organization in the field of disaster management. Participants are welcome from a broad range of organizations including physical planning, institutions, professionals and private GIS and RS related firms such as in the Agricultural Extension sector (policy makers, senor officials and officers) collaborating with local communities, in finance corporations, governments, Public Health Officers, non-governmental organizations, and research companies supporting agricultural activities and developmental projects.
GIS data sources, data collection and integration techniques for DRM
Hazard, vulnerability and Risk assessment with GIS and RS (Pre-Disaster)
Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning (Pre-Disaster)
Introduction to Early warning systems and Information Networks (Pre-Disaster)
Disaster Impact Analysis (Post Disaster)
Public Participatory GIS and Disaster Risk Management (Pre and Post Disaster)
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|