|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations||(Group)|
|Start Date: 07/06/2021 End Date: 18/06/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 03/05/2021 End Date: 14/05/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 05/04/2021 End Date: 16/04/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/03/2021 End Date: 12/03/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/02/2021 End Date: 12/02/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 11/01/2021 End Date: 22/01/2021||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/12/2020 End Date: 18/12/2020||Nairobi||$ 2,000||Register as Individual||Register for Online Training||Register as a Group|
While most of us know that good nutrition is essential in helping us feel our best and reach our optimal health; finding time to eat a balanced diet on a daily basis seems a formidable task in this fast-paced affluent society. The good news is that by taking charge of your diet, you can improve your health while reducing your risk of lifestyle diseases such as heart disease or cancer.
Good nutrition is therefore one of the keys to good health. This ten days training is aimed at developing healthier communities by filling in the gaps between nutrition and health.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
· Understand the impact of lifestyle on health, and the ways one can modify lifestyle to affect disease or promote health.
· Establish nutrition disorders, prescribe therapeutic diets, and provide preliminary counselling on specific nutrient needs.
· Implement health maintenance and preventive nutrition care.
· Use medical nutrition remedies (such as nutrition assessment methods, behavioral counselling) for personal self-care where desirable.
· Create and evaluate a comprehensive educational and instructional nutrition tool or a care plan program using appropriate technologies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Public Health Officers, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
Module I: Basics of nutrition
· Balance diet
· Healthy eating
· Nutritional requirements
· Dietary disorders
· Healthy lifestyles
Module II: Water, sanitation and hygiene in community food systems
· Health and hygiene responsibilities of food handlers
· Food hygiene and its environment
· Food preparation and safety
· Food processing and labelling
· Food and drugs administration
· Hygiene diseases
· Food hazards
Module III: Sanitary food handling
· Purchasing food
· Storing foods
· Preparing food
· Sanitation procedures
· Lesson summary
Module IV: Food safety practices and general requirements
· Food safety programs
· Interpretation and application
· Food handling controls
· Food defense and emergency response
· Food safety for vulnerable populations
· Nutritional counselling and education in rural areas
Module V: Body Measurement and Health
· Body image
· Mindful eating
Module VI: Cross-Cutting issues in health and nutrition
· Climate-smart food systems for improved nutrition
· Health and agriculture development
· Multi-sectoral approach to nutritional health development
· Improving the role of public health institutions
Module VII: Monitoring and Evaluation of nutrition health interventions
· Planning of nutrition health interventions
· Implementation of nutrition health interventions
· Evaluation of nutrition health interventions
Module VIII: Technology application in health and nutrition promotion
· ICT and Mobile technology application in health and nutrition
· Integration of GIS and RS in health and nutrition
· Food biotechnology and emerging nutritional diseases
· Nutritional biostatistics, data analysis and decision making
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|