Have you ever heard the phrase “your body is your temple” and wondered what it means? Keeping our physical body healthy and happy is just one of the many challenges we face, and yet, many of us don’t know how to best achieve it. Positive decisions around diet and food preparation are key to this process, and you will find the essential skills needed to pursue a healthy, informed lifestyle in Nutrition and Wellness. Making sure you know how to locate, buy, and prepare fresh delicious food will make you, and your body, feel amazing. This course equips the participants with the necessary knowledge on nutrition and wellness in attaining health.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors
- Design meal plans that are uniquely tailored and focused on optimal nutrition
- Understand the science of nutrition and wellness
- Understand the dimensions of wellness
- Become a savvy shopper with respect to dietary needs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at health managers, health workers, health volunteers, nutritionists, development practitioners, fitness trainers and other health professionals who are responsible for enhancing health.
Module I: Nutrition needs
- Calculate nutritional needs
- Number of servings for different foods
- Physical activity
Module II: The science of Nutrition and Wellness
- Health issues connected to nutrition and wellness
- Improving health through nutrition
- Improving health through physical activity
- Body mass index
- Metabolic rates
- Using technology for smarter nutrition choices
Module III: Concepts of health and wellness
- Differentiate between health and wellness.
- Historical development of the concept of wellness.
- Current demographic, societal, and causal issues related to health and wellness.
- Health promotion and prevention
- Dimensions of health and wellness
- Benefits of achieving optimal health and the lifestyle choices
- Self-awareness on personal health and wellness.
- Effect of personal responsibility on health.
Module IV: Eight dimensions of wellness
- The 8 dimensions of wellness
- Changing dietary behaviour
Module V: Savvy shopping and meal planning
- Food budgeting
- Shopping strategies
- Meal planning
Module VI: Staying Smart and Safe in the Kitchen
- Keeping the kitchen clean and free from pests
- Handling the knife safely
- Storage of food
- Prevention of food-borne illnesses
Module VII: Diet and nutrition in maintaining health
- Self-awareness when assessing one’s own eating behaviours and nutritional intake.
- Water, proteins, carbohydrates, fibres, fats, vitamins, and minerals and their influences on a healthy diet.
- Healthy dietary intake by using the
- Current food safety concerns
- Challenges when trying to maintain a healthy dietary intake
- Distinguish between overweight and obesity
- Weight management
- Factors leading to body image disturbances, dieting, and eating disorders.
Module VIII: Mastering moderation: Creating a smart strategy for healthful eating
- Translating the skills learnt to healthy habits
- Creating meal plans
- Management of stress
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com