This program is designed to help managers (and potential and developing managers), supervisors, executives and others to manage more effectively and to improve organizational performance through gaining a clear understand of the processes, nature, motivation and behaviour of individuals and groups in organisations.
It is important for managers to understand the people-organisation relationship, and the social systems that exist and develop in organisations. With that knowledge they can decide upon and implement actions and control which benefit both the employees and the organisation to the maximum. Awareness and management of the organizational culture and climate, and an understanding of the factors affecting employee’s commitment lead to both managerial and organizational development and effectiveness, and reflect positively on the organization’s attitude and ability to deal with change.
Through an understanding of the processes and relationships in work organisations, of management, and the behaviour of people at work, managers will be able to make the best use of people as valuable resources to the mutual benefit of all organizational stakeholders, and learn how to use their own power, authority, skills and leadership abilities to best effect.
By the end of the course the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the history and visions of Organization development and the role of the Organization development practitioner
- Apply tools to diagnose an organization’s effectiveness
- Advise on the role of diagnostic models in assessing the health of the organisation
- Obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage organizational changes, understand the link between data and type of intervention
- assess your own instrumentality and personal development needs within the context of the organization development role
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets senior managers, senior HR practitioners, organization development specialists, internal change agents and consultants.
Exploring the roots and practices of OD
- What is organization development?
- What value does organization development add?
- Where does organization development come from?
- What is organization development’s relationship with human resource?
- What does organization development look like in practice?
Working with big system organizational models and frameworks
- Understanding organizational models
- Review of planned and systemic organizational frameworks
- Using models to diagnose organizational health
The Self as instrument
- What kind of organization development practitioner are you?
- Using yourself as a diagnostic instrument
- Making the most of you
The Work of Organization Development
- Organization development as a consultancy process
- Getting below the surface to what really matters
- Organization development interventions
Developing an Organization Development and action plan.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org