Supply Chain Management (SCM) is the golden tool to operate the efforts of logistics, warehouses, procurement, transportation and other support service sections toward the success of supporting the end user.
Sustainability in SCM generally refers to continuous accountability for risk and negative impact caused by a range of actions along the supply chain. To survive in today’s competitive environment, organisations need not only have an efficient and effective supply chain for the context in which they operate, they also have to consider issues of sustainability in their supply chain strategies.
This popular training course will support you to develop tools and achieve success to manage these massive duties proactively, allowing you to meet deadlines and deliver against your objectives.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the SCM work flow
- Comprehend the Concepts of the SCM
- Demonstrate the elements of the SCM
- Analyse the process of the SCM
- Appraise and apply the principles of the SCM
- Appreciate and work in a harmony with the environment of the SCM
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers and Employees who do take on responsibilities in supply chain & logistics with already a first experience in the field and want to evolve to the next level
- Managers and Employees moving to supervision or managerial roles in supply chain & logistics
- Managers and employees in a function at the interface between the Supply Chain & logistics and other departments
Day One: Key Elements of a Sustainable Supply Chain
- The importance of developing a Sustainable Supply Chain
- Five Elements of a Sustainable Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Engagement
- Sustainability Leadership
- Measuring Sustainability
Day Two: Planning and Demand-Driven Processes for Supply Chain Success
- The Processes of Supply Chain Management
- How the Supply Chain Management Flows
- MRP - Material Requirements Planning
- The Control of Purchasing and Production
- Capacity Management
- Logistics and Warehousing
Day Three: Identification of Supply Chain Risks and Stakeholder Expectations
- Understanding Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM)
- Identification of actual vs perceived risks
- Management and mitigation tactics
- Developing the Stakeholders matrix
- Working with all key stakeholders
Day Four: Implementing Supplier Cost Management
- Barriers to Strategic Cost Management
- Total Cost of Ownership/Life Cycle Costing
- Supplier Pricing models
- Essential Cost drivers and Potential savings
- Analysing and Managing Internal and Supplier Costs
Day Five: Sustainable Strategies, Guidelines and Procedures
- Developing a clear strategy
- Collaboration in sustainable Supply Chains
- The Three Tiers of Sustainability and Supply Chains
- Developing the Sustainable Supply Chain
- Monitoring and working within the preferred procedures
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com