Many organizations execute a wide range of projects and often struggle to implement a consistent approach to project execution, thereby ensuring sustainable project success. The right project execution methods and approaches will ensure the right deliverables, right output, right outcome, right benefit, and right value creation for organizations, enhancing their competitive advantage and leveraging their market position. Planning integrity, sustainable procurement routes, and constructability of projects are underpinned by successful project execution methods.
This highly-interactive Data-Afrique Project Execution and Implementation training course will focus on how to achieve a flawless project execution. Delegates will be able to clearly connect between the planning and the implementation phases through value led procurement and efficient construction when executing projects.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Organize and schedule project activities and elements
- Develop a work planning schedule for project personnel
- Establish databases and organize project information
- Implement the project training component
- Carry out effective procurement and related activities of a complex nature at international level
- Prepare various reports required during project implementation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This Data-Afrique course targets:
- Professionals from any discipline, sector, or industry aspiring to learn about project execution fundamentals and principles
- Project professionals/project managers/project teams/project executives
- Project design teams
- Business-as-usual teams/operations executives
- Any departmental or functional professionals and teams
- Consulting/contracting/procurement department professionals and teams
- Any aspiring and would-be project management professionals of any phase of the project life-cycle from design through to start-up
Project Execution Fundamentals
- Project execution nuts and bolts - why we are still not getting it right?
- The role of the project manager
- Phase by phase approach for project execution and implementation
- Industry recognized project execution tools and techniques
- Current gaps and challenges in project execution
- Hard and soft issues in project execution
Project Planning and Impact to Project Execution
- Pre-project planning studies
- Gap identification and analysis during project initiation and conceptualization phase
- How the planning phase will influence the likelihood of project execution success
- Key considerations to ensure planning phase integrity
- Key performance indicators and success criteria for the planning phase
- Appraising the implement ability of the project document
- Revising and implementing the project work plan
- Project organization
- Responsibility charting
- Work breakdown structures
Procurement Phase and Impact to Project Execution
- Different types of procurement route and their impact on project execution and implementation
- Effective risk and reward sharing mechanism to enhance project execution and implementation
- How the procurement phase will influence the likelihood of project execution and implementation success
- Key considerations to ensure procurement phase integrity and feasibility
- Key performance indicators and success criteria for the procurement phase
International Procurement and Related Matters
- Introduction to "Green" Procurement
- Basic Principles of Procurement
- Different types of Procurement (Goods, Services, Works)
- Collection/preparation of information and specifications
- Appropriate mode of purchase
- Purchasing schedule
- Payment procedures
- Management of equipment budget
- Inventory principles and controls
- Transfer of equipment to government
- Equipment and services procured
Construction Phase and Impact to Project Execution and Implementation
- Constructability and where there are existing gaps
- Why constructability is still a challenge for many organizations?
- How to overcome these challenges during project execution and implementation
- Construction phase key performance indicators and success criteria
- Effective control and monitoring tools and techniques during the construction phase
- Project control of scope, cost, schedule, quality and personnel
- Time management
- Identification, selection, recruitment of experts, staff
- Selecting and managing consultants
- Fellowships and study tours
- Progress measurement and reporting
- Project record keeping
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account 14 days before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com