|Course fee: KSH 70,000, USD 1,000||Start Date: 17/06/2019||End Date: 21/06/2019||Registration closed, view 2018 course calender|
Rural development is on the rise given that in the modern era, urban areas have already been developed. However, the move to develop rural areas has to consider certain aspects such as the financial and agricultural knowledge of rural development. This course will impart its participants on the knowledge on the proper methods and key principles of rural development.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Explain and assess the rural development debates in the modern era with emphasis on rural status of living and role of the nation, organizations, markets, agriculture and non-agriculture rural economy
· Evaluate previous and current trials in rural services supply such as through infrastructure, research and extension
· Assess rural development policies and their effects on equity, poverty, financial status while considering the various geographical situations
· Evaluate strategies employed in land and water resources management and their effects to rural development
· Understand rural finance
· Evaluate agricultural and rural portfolios and analysis of loans utilizing the 5C’s of rural finance
· Understand new Savings and loan approaches that can be implemented in rural setting
· Develop strategies that can address the challenging facing rural development with respect to financial services in the rural regions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets individuals working in financial corporations in rural areas, NGOs and governments, MFIs, and donors who support on rural communities and development.
Introduction to Rural Development
· Meaning of rural development
· Rural poverty and food insecurity
· Characteristics, concepts, and constraints of rural livelihoods
· Rural versus urban development
· Development of rural areas
· Financing in rural areas
Poverty Traps and Risks
· Dynamics of rural poverty
· Poverty and risk
· Poverty and savings
· Poverty and lending
Rural Development and specific sectors
· Agriculture in rural areas
· Non-farm economy in rural areas
· Infrastructure in rural areas
· Agriculture research and extension
· Education and health in rural areas
· Water and land
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
· Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|Start Date: 17/06/2019||End Date: 21/06/2019|
|Course fee in Kenya Shillings: KSH 70,000||Course fee in USA Dollars: USD 1,000|
|Registration closed, view 2018 course calender|