This course focuses on getting you up to speed with current knowledge, evidence and practice of social protection. It offers a unique opportunity for policy makers, practitioners and researchers to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
This course provides a broad-based overview of main approaches to social protection, issues around design and implementation, available evidence and ‘hot topics’ in social protection. It is organized around three main themes:
- Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Evidence of what works in social protection
Participants will be engaged in an interactive manner and are strongly invited to share their own experiences and views on social protection throughout the course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets policy makers, practitioners, NGOs, and researchers who want to broaden their knowledge base and gain critical insight into the most recent thinking about social protection.
Module 1: Building a knowledge base on social protection
- Introduction to social protection
- Models of social protection
- Social protection instruments
- Institutional and regional approaches to social protection
- The role of social protection in reducing poverty, vulnerability and social exclusion
Module 2: Designing and implementing social protection programmes
- Targeting social protection
- Delivering social protection
- Social protection systems
- The design of social protection and cash transfer programmes
- Implementation issues, including registration, targeting, payment and information systems
Module 3: Evidence of what works in social protection
- Current evidence on social protection
- Evaluation and policy analysis
Module 4: Monitoring Social Protection
- Monitoring and evaluation approaches for social protection systems
- Case studies of successful programmes around the world
Module 5: Best Practices
- World Bank’s Social risk management (SRM
- Source of social risks
- Prevention strategies
- Mitigation strategies
- Coping strategies
- Kenya’s social protection system
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com