This Situational Awareness Training workshop has been developed because of the increase of terrorist and criminal activities across continents. As individuals and businesses, on a personal level there has never been a more demanding need to become situationally aware whilst at work or travelling at home or abroad.
The importance of situational awareness cannot be dismissed — being aware of one’s surroundings and identifying potential threats and dangerous situations is more of a required mindset than a physical skill set only practiced by military or law enforcement agencies. As well as providing the delegate with proven, pragmatic knowledge that will help ensure the learner is more likely to survive a kidnapping or active shooter incident, this course will also cover Travel Safety and Journey Management
Regardless of your safety and security experience, this course will help you become more aware of risks in an Active Shooter incident and what you can do to protect yourself and your organization from them.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Situational Awareness knowledge and techniques
- 1st Responders and Situational Awareness
- Activities and mindsets for increasing Situational Awareness
- Using effective intuition and instinct for Situational awareness
- Awareness and response using indicators for potential threats
- Be proactive with Travel Safety and Security
- Understanding and implement safe journey management practices for your employees.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is appropriate for first responders working in environments that are high-risk, high-consequence, time-compressed with changing conditions/information.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- 1st Responders (Government)
- Security Officers
- EMTs & Paramedics
- Organizational Training Officers
- HSE Managers and Supervisors
- Incident Commanders
- Civilian Management
- Organizational Emergency Managers
Day One: Understanding Situational Awareness
- Understanding Situational Awareness – from perspectives of 1st Responders
- Creating a Security Awareness and Response Culture
- Understanding the human behaviour
- Topics of understanding and reason
- Body language and warning signs
- Making the correct impact decisions that will mitigate the situation
Day Two: Conditional Behavior
- Cooper’s Conditions – Alertness Levels – how to become alert through colour coding
- Scenario-based application
- Reading Body Language
- Behaviour Management
- Phycology and its impact on individuals during situations
- Communication of Warning Signs
- Reading Emotional Cues and responding
Day Three: Threats of K&R – Kidnap and Ransom
- Conduct after capture
- Crisis management
- Kidnappers’ tactics
- Prevention training and contingency planning
- Responding to a kidnap
- Security awareness
- Surveillance awareness
- Practical scenario experience
Day Four: Threats of an Active Shooter
- The “Run-Hide-Fight” strategy
- Profiling an active shooter
- Predicting and analysis of potential security breaches – being Proactive!
- Communication of key information to 1st Responders
- Basic Self Defense Techniques during an active shooter incident
- Preparedness & Prevention during workplace violence
Day Five: Travel Safety and Journey Management
- Introduction to Travel Safety
- Journey Management
- Security Implementation
- Awareness of risks
- Management of travel
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org