|Course Date||Location||Course fee:||Registrations (Individual)||(Group)|
|Start Date: 16/12/2019 End Date: 20/12/2019||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 13/01/2020 End Date: 17/01/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 03/02/2020 End Date: 07/02/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 02/03/2020 End Date: 06/03/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 06/04/2020 End Date: 10/04/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 04/05/2020 End Date: 08/05/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 01/06/2020 End Date: 05/06/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 06/07/2020 End Date: 10/07/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 03/08/2020 End Date: 07/08/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/09/2020 End Date: 11/09/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 05/10/2020 End Date: 09/10/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 02/11/2020 End Date: 06/11/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
|Start Date: 07/12/2020 End Date: 11/12/2020||Nairobi||$ 1,000||Register as Individual||Register as a Group|
The United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development marks a substantial step forward for sustainable development in many fields, including culture. An explicit recognition is given to the fundamental role that heritage and culture play in human development and serve as an enabler and a driver of Sustainable Development. The UNESCO recognizes that culture has a major impact on reducing poverty and contributes to a development, which is primarily human, inclusive and fair. Similarly, the ILO acknowledges the potential of cultural activities to provide significant business and employment opportunities and generate opportunities for decent work for men and women around the world.
The course combines essential knowledge of cultural economics and cultural policies with the competences needed to design projects in the cultural field. The programme explores in detail the economic, social, institutional and legal considerations that govern the diverse UNESCO Conventions (World Heritage, Intangible Heritage, Diversity of Cultural Expressions) and programs (eg: Creative Cities, Man and Biosphere, Global Geoparks, Memories of the World).
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
· To impart necessary competencies and skills in management of cultural resources,
· Design and implementation of cultural projects
· Promote World Heritage Sites and other UNESCO designations.
· Develop economically sound projects designed around a wide spectrum of cultural activities in the fields of natural and cultural heritage, cultural and creative industries, and tourism.
· Understand strategic management competencies and project management skills for the promotion of cultural resources, with a prominent attention to the cultural market analysis and set-up and management of cultural districts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
· Professionals and/or officials in public and private sectors, UN Agencies, foundations and NGOs;
· Professionals involved or interested in designing and managing cultural development projects;
· Recent university graduates from developing and developed countries;
· People working or interested in World Heritage Sites, as well as other UNESCO Conventions and programmes.
MODULE 1: Culture and Economic Development
• The value chain of cultural and heritage sites;
• Cultural capital and the theory of sustainable development;
• The role of culture in supporting local development;
• Cultural districts, property rights and sustainable economic development;
• Governance and cultural policies in cultural/creative industries;
• Cooperatives, micro enterprises, local entrepreneurship and microfinance;
• Gender and economics;
• International organizations and cultural projects;
• Cultural resources as strategic engines for local development.
MODULE 2: Project Management in the Cultural Field
This module is intended to upgrade participants’ competences in the disciplines of project cycle design and management. All phases of the project cycle are introduced and analyzed:
· Problem analysis
· Stakeholder mapping
· Strategy selection (alternative analysis)
· Project planning (logical framework) and scheduling
· Project formulation
· Resource allocation and budgetary management.
· Monitoring and evaluation of projects will also be covered.
MODULE 3: Cultural Sectors and Creative Industries
This module investigates the main cultural sectors that come into play in cultural policies, as well as the institutional, regulatory, economic framework and policies that govern their functioning. Based on students’ preferences, this module can include: Museums; Monuments and archaeological sites; Urban heritage; Performing arts; Creative and Cultural industries; Economics of cultural tourism; Contemporary heritage; Cultural routes; the global system of UNESCO designations and programmes.
MODULE 4: Tools for Strategic Planning and Evaluation
This module explores the main tools needed for evaluating, planning, managing and monitoring cultural resources and heritage assets. Specifically, it focuses on frameworks and methodologies and instruments for Strategic Planning and Management. It includes an illustration of tools for decision making processes and stakeholders engagements in the field of landscape and heritage enhancement.
· This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
· Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
· Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
· We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more:
· The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
· The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to:
|2.||2 - 10||800.00||1,600.00|
|3.||11 - 20||750.00||1,500.00|
|4.||21 - 30||700.00||1,400.00|
|5.||32 - 40||650.00||1,300.00|
|6.||41 - 50||600.00||1,200.00|
|7.||51 > Above||500.00||1000.00|